Who can benefit from a TRUBlanket? Here are some of the issues that Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation from weighted blanekts can help support:
- STRESS - Sure, that's everyone from time to time, but sometimes people need a little extra help decompressing. A full-body hug from a weighted blanket is just the ticket for frazzled nerves.
- ANXIETY - Anxiety is a condition that can really wear you out. Breaking the cycle of worried thoughts can seem impossible. Having a weighted blanket help you take a deep breath and relax.
- MELTDOWNS AND TANTRUMS- Kids sometimes have tantrums because they are overstimulated. The weight of the blanket can cocoon a child and help them to feel relief. It seems to especially be useful for children with ADHD.
- AUTISM, SENSORY ISSUES - Have you heard of Temple Gradin? We'll discuss her amazing research in later emails, but for now, just know some of the leading minds in autism research recommend the use of weighted blankets to help with sensory problems.
- RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME - The weight of the blanket seems to help soothe tired, jumpy legs.
- INSOMNIA AND SLEEP ISSUES - Of course, this last one might seem obvious, but there's been plenty of evidence that weighted blankets help.
As you can see, there are significant reasons that people seek out weighted blankets. They have moved beyond the use of clinical therapy and into the home, and everyone can benefit!
Stay tuned. We'll cover Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation, and how it works to raise feel-good hormones and lower stress hormones soon.
We know from personal experience that these blankets can make a huge difference in quality of life!